Monday, January 24, 2011

Green project 2nd Semester :)

So it was Thursday last week (January 13th i guess) and It was start day for my green project. My green project is a semester long piece of work where i have a question and i must preform an experiment to prove or disprove this question (to the best of my ability). In first year we also had a green project where i did my research on CSA's (community supported agriculture). Maybe soon ill do a post of some of my work on that... well this semester I'm doing it on Hotbeds. I have decided to  keep my blog updated with updates to help me along the way ahhahaha and to keep you updated (i don't think theirs anyone ahah).

On Thursday i started by digging my hole (thats a good thing it is -19 today aha). I wanted to do it before the ground freezes because my goal in this project (unlike other/most NSCC projects) is to keep it as low impact and as close to home as possible, so i didn't want to use a excavator My hole is 7'x5' and 18-20" deep. I will be building my cold frame structure to fit inside the hole.

heres a picture or two to prove we did something..

PS Thanks a million Kenneth. i found out his favorite thing to do is dig holes.
PPS Thank you to the beautiful ladies who came and gave us a much needed smoke break/moral support




This is picture one. I will compare all pictures to this one to mark my progress.


Break time 1/5 of the way done. Yup.



Soil face
Victory

ahhhahah

1 comment:

  1. It's looking awesome babe! Can't wait to see your progress. Also.. posting about your projects here is an awesome idea, and definitely a good way to figure/map things out. I'm inspired to make one for myself now.. :)

    ReplyDelete