Thursday, January 6, 2011

A new day, A new blog

January 6, 2011

Listening too: La Dispute
Location: Fucking Library

So today I start my blog. I think it will be a great way to not only gather my thoughts but to remember things like the weather, exciting things I have done, jobs I have worked, friend I spend time with things I do in school and whatever else I feel the need to type. My dad has started to focus on writing so maybe it’s in my blood…?

ALSO MY THOUGHTS ARE RANDOM SO THIS BLOG WILL BE ASWELL.
Also. My English is bad and so is my sentence structure. Get over it

It’s the Second day of school. Slow start (it always is) but man do I ever love it here. I feel like when I am done school that I will need to fill the void with… More School HA. Who would have ever guessed? This semester is going to be great. We have our final “Green project” and I think I plan on focusing on hot beds. It’s not just something that interests me but something that I can potentially use to help me grow in the future. I will definitely be writing more about that in the future. Lpm (Landscape Plant Materials) this semester is also going to be great. I just had my first class and instead of doing the whole memorization thing this year it will be more of how to apply the identification skills we have learned and put the plants in the right spots. My kind of learning. My class continues to get smaller. This semester our class went from 6 to 5. Man it’s almost nice. I am going to miss my friend but with a smaller class it is easier for me to learn.

I went and spent New Year’s with my new friend story. She is doing what I want to be doing. I feel like I am a few years behind and that is very hard for me. I have always been one of those people who an impulse buys. When I have an idea it is very hard for me to not act on it (immediately). Her house is at the front of a 60 acre lot with mostly woods. She has two friends who she also has let build a home on her land and it’s SLOWLY turning into a community. She wants me to move there. It might be smart right? Instead of starting from scratch, I get land (my own) close to hers and just add on to what is already a growing future. But then on the other had it would be nice to be close to my friends who will want/need me in the future. My life has always been in Nova Scotia. Do I move…?

My whole life it felt like time went by too slow. Everything I was doing it was for the wrong reasons so I think time just was there for the ride. Now I have goals, ambitions, a work load that doesn’t get any smaller, a girlfriend who is awesome (who doesn’t live in my town), a dog, major fear internally and I’m sure a lot more I can’t think of that is forcing time in a speedy direction. All the while I feel like I am having more fun than ever. I am experiencing Nova Scotia like never before. From a scientific and natural perspective. I am met so many amazing people here in Kentville. Kenneth, Lindsay, John, Catherine, Howie, Eric, you are all amazing people. I feel so lucky to have met all of you.

To end day one on a good note. I love Nova Scotia, I love my friends, my dog, I love Nature, and I love Life.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great Chris! I like it! You should post photos of Harley! :)
    K.
    http://temporarilystuck.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. I am really happy our paths crossed. You are a true friend and you were the one who had inspired me to come out of my shell and speak about what I believe in. After a few difficult years, living with you guys really helped me restore my faith in people, for that I am forever grateful. Writing a blog is a very vulnerable action and I am very happy you took the extra step to start one. You have a lot of great thoughts that deserve to be shared. I cant wait for the next one!:)

    ReplyDelete